Japanese artist. Born 1962.
Well, I pay my taxes here in Japan, but I don’t have any influence on what happens in this country. Maybe I should give up my Japanese citizenship.
My goal was always to make a good movie – childish – but not for children. That has been a dream since high school. Soon it will become true. Financing is nearly secured.
The movie world I can control 100%. The real world around me, I would say 60%. The remaining 40% are occupied by my associates with their own concepts, ideas and procedures.
For a Louis Vuitton project I photographed Marc Jacobs’ studio in detail to later find out in Tokyo how Marc thinks. Plus, I researched the history of Vuitton. After that I delivered 200 ideas.
When I make a presentation to a client, I compare myself to a restaurant chef who creates the best food. For that I need to control the environment 100%.